Spread of Knowledge Paper
The printing press revolutionized the world and created the means by which knowledge could be consumed by anyone who could read.
–Thomas Carlyle, 1836 (Boorstin, p. 516)
Write a 1,400-word paper in which you do the following:
- Relate the printing press to the spread of knowledge.
- Discuss the overall effect of the printing press on the spread of knowledge.
- Consider at least four of the following in your paper:
- Spread of maps
- Gutenberg Bible
- Spread of false knowledge (Galen)
- Effect on memory
- Rise of libraries
- Impact on artisans, apothecaries, surgeons, metalworkers, and other fields
- Role in the Reformation
- Standardizing of English language and other languages
- Rise of the modern author
- Establishment of scientific journals
- Rise of the Internet
Cite at least one source per topic
Format your assignment according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.
Use only Peer Reviewed/ Accredited resources