School Shooting presentation
As the head of emergency management in your department, you have been tasked with developing a strategy to prevent school shootings in your area. Consider a strategy to protect your local schools taking into account potential perpetrators, protecting the perimeter, securing the interior, having only one access door into the school with all other entrances locked, and action to protect students once the shooter is inside the school.
Create a presentation identifying strategies you would implement to prevent school shootings.
The presentation should include the following:
- A title slide with your name on it (1 slide)
- Clearly define a strategy to prevent school shootings. (1 slide)
- Describe ideas for securing the building, doors, and locks (1 slide)
- Describe the placement surveillance cameras (1 slide)
- Describe the personnel that monitors the cameras (1 slide)
- Discuss the type of security to be used inside the school such as resource officers, private security guard, etc. (1 slide)
- Justify a recommendation regarding classroom doors that lock automatically and cannot be opened from the outside without a key. (1 slide)
- Specify the value of drills (similar to fire drills), so students and teachers know what to do and where to go in the event of an active shooter. (1 slide)
- A reference slide showing the sources you used in APA format (1 slide)
- The presentation has an adequate selection of current, scholarly sources relevant to crime reduction in school shootings