Remember to follow these guidelines:
- Provide evidence from the text. Be specific!
- Give reasoning for your response with a few sentences of commentary.
- Proofread for spelling and grammar errors.
- Answer ALL parts of the question.
“How Podcasting Works”
- Define the word “technical” in your own words.
- What does the reader learn in this article?
- How does this kind of information help the reader?
- What is the difference between internet radio and podcasts?
- Is background information useful in understanding how podcasting works? Explain.
“NASA Robotic Education Project: Careers in Robotics–A Case Study”
- What does this case study present?
- How would you paraphrase the paragraph about Matt?
- Paraphrase the paragraph about Gil.
- How would you paraphrase the conclusion?
“Italy from Liberty Travel: Europe”
- What cities does the brochure focus on?
- What descriptive language does the author use to describe the attractions in Florence?
- How does the photograph relate to the text?
- What information is contained in each description?
- How do the parts of the brochure complement each other?
- What is the source of this website?
- What features on the page convince you that the material is impartially presented?
- What information on this page helps the reader understand the different types of tornadoes?
- How can you make sure the information in a Web encyclopedia entry is accurate?
- What rules does Wikipedia have for editing entries?
- Why do you think Wikipedia is concerned with making sure its information is verifiable?
“A Hero in Our Midst”
- What is this commentary about?
- How does the author know Sergeant Thomas?
- What opinion does the author hold about Jason Thomas?
- What did you learn about Sergeant Thomas?
“Dodgers Celebrate Jackie Robinson Day”
- What is this article about?
- How do the quotations the author uses from other players help the reader understand the event?
- What details are included in the news article that portrays the events of the day?
- Why do you think the author includes the names and details about famous visitors at the ballgame?
- Can you determine the author’s attitude toward Mrs. Robinson after reading this article?