Criminal Justice, Annotated Bibliography
Discipline: Criminal law
Type of Paper: Research paper
Academic Level: Undergrad. (yrs 3-4)
Paper Format: APA
Pages: 5 Words: 275
The impact of wrongful convictions on the entire US criminal justice system.
PAPERS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT:
- Title Page – including paper title, your name, course prefix and title, and semester
- Statement of the problem or introduction of the topic that will be covered.
- Review of relevant literature
- Use evidence from peer-reviewed journals in relevant fields to summarize what is known about your topic
- Current “state of affairs” regarding your topic
- Contextualize the issue you are covering within the larger scheme of society
- How does this issue affect other parts of society (i.e. economy, social/cultural consequences, education systems, political systems, technological systems, the criminal justice system overall)?
- You may use non-academic sources for this section – empirical research above tells us one thing, but what is the larger dialogue in society about this topic and how does that compare to the research literature?
- Implications and Conclusions
- This is the chance to “bring it all together”
- What does it all mean? Why do we care?
- References list (correctly following current APA formatting)
- You do not need an abstract
- Double-space your paper
- Include page numbers
- Left justify
- Use spell and grammar checker
- Write clearly and concisely
- Write in 3rd person (e.g., do not use I, we, us, you, etc.)
- Do not use contractions (eg., it is instead of it’s)
- Identify the word count (3000-3500) at the end of the document
- Include a reference page
- Wikipedia is never an acceptable reference
- Scholarly, peer-reviewed articles are to be published no earlier than 2015
- Direct quotes are to be used sparingly
- Always cite the author(s) of the article/reference
- Do not say According to the textbook….
- Say According to Smith and Wesson (year)…
- Use APA formatting rules throughout your paper and reference page.