MBM BST 713 Analysing Financial Performance
Cardiff Business School
MBM BST 713 Analysing Financial Performance an analysis of the financial performance and position of the airline group, IAG for 2020
You are required to produce a 2,000 word individual report containing:
- an analysis of the financial performance and position of the airline group, IAG for 2020. Your analysis should be based on your calculation of basic accounting and financial ratios for 2020, and 2019 for comparative purposes; and an evaluation of the results of those calculations. In addition, your analysis should be supplemented by key data contained in the narrative sections of the 2020 annual report from IAG and other sources;
- a consideration of IAG’s prospects for the foreseeable future, taking into account the challenges facing the group and its responses thereto;
- drawing on appropriate readings, an assessment of the extent to which IAG could justifiably claim to have a diverse board of directors.
The remaining 10 marks will be awarded for the presentation and structure of your report and appropriate referencing.
The IAG report for 2020 is available from the following link: https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/annual-reports/iag-annual-reports/en/iag-annual-report-and-accounts-2020.pdf
As a guide, for the report, you should aim to devote:
- 900 words on IAG’s past;
- 600 words on the future prospects of the group; and
- 500 words on the corporate governance aspect.
In addition, you should present the accounting ratios as a table in an appendix to your report (see attached proforma); the appendix will not be included in the overall word count for the assignment. You MUST show the figures you use in the calculation of the ratios AND, if they do not come from the face of the Consolidated Income Statement or the Consolidated Balance Sheet, you must show the exact source of the figure(s). Failure to do so will result in the award of a zero mark for that calculation.
Your report should also be:
- Professionally presented with page numbers and having undergone a grammar/spell-check; and
- Properly referenced (where you use words taken from a source you must give a proper citation to that source).
You need to be aware that this is an individual assignment. Academic misconduct will not be tolerated. Do not be tempted to copy another’s work or use another person to do the work that you should do yourself. Academic misconduct will result in an award of a zero mark, at best; at worst, the consequences could be more serious.