I need help with my project
History Taking Project (100 pts.)
Objectives: At the completion of this project students will be able to:
- Develop a proper patient history interview by:
- Discussing the need for acquiring and documenting the patient’s chief complaint.
- Determining a potential need for exam requisition modification.
- Detailing the necessary patient history questions.
- Incorporating the Sacred Seven Elements of obtaining a clinical history.
Assignment: Review the PPT on patient history taking and complete the following:
- You have been assigned to perform a PA, Oblique, and Lateral hand x-ray exam on a 53 year old male patient named Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen.
- Describe how you will conduct proper patient identification and a patient history interview. Be sure to include the Sacred Seven Elements of obtaining a patient history.
- Discuss what would be necessary if the exam requisition does not match the history obtained from the patient.
Assignment Submission Details: Document the Data Collection Process – Set up your interview to include:
- Microsoft Word Document – size 12 font
- Minimum Length – 1 page, maximum length 2 pages
Grading Rubric (100 pts.):
Not Met (1 –14 )
Met (15 – 18)
Exceeded (19 – 20)
|Understanding of Need for Documentation of Chief Complaint||No or minimal expressed understanding of documentation||Expressed understanding of need for documentation ofchief complaint||Describes in full detail and demonstrates clear understanding of the need for documentation of chief complaint|
|Requisition Modification||No or minimaldiscussion of modification of requisition||Discusses in some detail the modification needed and reason for modification||Explains in full detail the modification needed and the reasons for the modification|
|Patient History Questions||Does not list the patient history questions asked||Lists the patient history questions||Lists the patient history questions and explains relevance of questions|
|Patient Response/Relation to Chief Complaint||No or minimal understanding of importance of patient response correlation to the chief complaint||Demonstrates understanding of importance of patient response correlation to the chief complaint||Demonstrates clear and detailed understanding of importance of patient response correlation to the chief complaint|
|Sacred Seven Elements of the Clinical History||0 – 2 sacred seven elements included||3 – 5 sacred seven elements included||All sacred seven elements included|
Requirements: 1 page