How to write a literature review step by step
A literature review is an overview of various publications on the same topic, from scientific books to shorter literary sketches such as a brochure. In particular, literature research is important research work. Its aim is to avoid duplication, to resolve and avoid conflict, and to point the way for future research.
- State your requirements. Some teachers ask to check the literature without going into details. Knowing what your professor wants is definitely the first step up. (Need a critical analysis, identification, chronology or how many sources and pages you need)
- Look at the topic. Choose the topic as much as possible while leaving enough space for the necessary resources. Try to use contemporary sources. If you’ve written a review on history, the humanities, or the natural sciences, you don’t have to worry about when to release the source. Browse current bibliographical reviews of the literature on the subject to get an idea of what has been going on in this discipline lately.
- Define the main concept. They don’t just collect sources and summarize what they advertise. You need to understand what topics and ideas are connecting the sources into one big concept. Read that you don’t have to discover any hidden content. Missing a page? Do all of your sources adhere to a particular theory? Can you anticipate upcoming trends?
- Develop your thesis. Once you are able to pinpoint the main idea, it is time to formulate your theses. Literature reviews have thesis statements. That is partly true: there are summaries, but they are completely different. Your statements do not have to argue against an opinion; on the contrary, you defend a certain point of view on the subject.
- Appreciate the sources. You can only show the best of aspirations, intentions, and a narrative form that will convince everyone, but if your sources are impractical, you will not succeed. Your sources should be recognized on several levels, be sure of that.
write a review
- Start with a firm and confident introduction. It’s important to make an attractive first impression. Your introduction should contain the main concept of the topic, which does not deviate from the style or topic.
- Organize a large part of the review. You can use many options here:
- Construction works in chronological order
- Create a work in the form of a publication.
- Align your business with trends
- Use the structure by subject.
- Form a strong conclusion. In the final section, you need to make a brief summary of your suggestions; Paraphrase the introduction and discuss things that you have learned in the course of your research.
- Use clear cues. In your own way, tell the sources to make the argument. They can be words based on the work of professionals. But be careful with quotations; The essence of the review is not to go into too many details or quotes.
- Write in your own words. No, you are not reporting the information “from the ceiling”, but you still put every paragraph in your voice. Your statements should be important sources.
Get Help Writing Your Essay
Writing a good essay paper is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. This is why our competent writers, experienced in essay writing are at your side for all questions related to essays. You can easily access our professional help at any stage of the essay paper. The core value of our service is reliability. You can access our quick help at any time