Accounting for Decision Makers of Management & Finance
Essay: 2,500 words (+/- 10%) this includes intext citations, excludes bibliography and appendices
Weighting: 75% of final module mark
E-submission: date as shown Sussex Direct timetable
Your Module Learning Objectives:
- Examine key accounting concepts and principles and the process involved in producing financial reports [already assessed]
- Interpret and analyse financial reports, using appropriate tools.
- Explain the nature of earnings management and its relevance to users of financial reports.
- Appraise the need for regulation of financial reporting, including accounting standards and describe the problems faced by standards setters in an international context.
This assignment covers: LO 2, 3 and 4
- Using the annual reports of your chosen company, prepare an essay Analysing the Statement of Cash Flows,
- Discuss one method of earnings management and how the company might be able to apply it, and
- Discuss why rules/regulations (other than accounting standards) are needed in relation to financial statements.