According to recent studies, due to its accessibility and easiness patients are using the Internet as the second source of health information after physicians, (HON, 2014). In light of
Purpose of the assignment: evaluate 2 professional and/or consumer health websites.
According to recent studies, due to its accessibility and “easiness” patients are using the Internet as the second source of health information after physicians, (HON, 2014). In light of this, it is important that nurses are able to identify reliable, accurate online sources for health teaching their clients or when referring clients to resources for further information.
The Health on the Net (HON) Foundation has developed a code of conduct to standardize the reliability of health information. The HON code defines a set of eight (8) principles to maintain basic ethical standards. These include: Authorative, Complementarity, Privacy, Attribution, Justifiability, Transparency, Financial Disclosure and Advertising Policy. The definitions of these terms can be found at Health on the Net Guidelines
You may need to right click the link and click “open in new tab”.
Students are required to choose a specific health related topic and then research it using two (2) websites of their choice.
Choose one topic that interests you from the following; Post Partum Depression, Thyroid Cancer, Meningitis, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure, Asthma, Diabetes
- Use the template provided, as instructed. The form will expand to contain as much information as you wish to put in your information
- Research each of the websites chosen to identify the eight HON principles.
- A title page and reference page is required with this assignment and is included with the template.
- Answer the questions in the table as instructed on the form.
- The answer to Question #3 must include a proper APA citation of the textbook in Texidium and identification of your websites you used to compare the website information. There are resources on eConestoga to assist you with properly formatting the APA citation.
- The last question is NOT about the topic that you selected, it is about using the internet to locate valid websites and applying it with evidence to nursing practice. Take this into consideration when constructing your answer to the final question.
- When complete, submit your work in the assignment box on eConestoga.
- At 11:59 PM on the DUE date.
- Only certain files are acceptable to assignment drop box. Acceptable for this assignment is MS Word,. If you are using Mac (Apple) software it is your responsibility to convert your assignment to an acceptable format.
This assignment is worth 20% of the final course grade. Please review the rubric prior to beginning this assignment, as it will be graded according to this rubric.
Learning Outcomes: After completing this assignment the student will be able to:
- Information Literacy
- Examines and compares information from various sources in order to evaluate reliability, validity, accuracy, authority, timeliness, and point of view or bias.
- Evaluate the validity and reliability of websites providing health information.
- Explain how knowledge of web validity can enhance patient health and health literacy.
Health on the Net Foundation. (2019). The HON code of conduct for medical and health web sites (HON code). https://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Pro/Conduct.html
Ofcom. (2015). Children and parents: Media use and attitudes report 2015. http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/other/research-publications/childrens/children-parents-nov-15/
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question
and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since
we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do
it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist
our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the
bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section
and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of
pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account
with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT”
at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment
process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25