110 Best Topics For Gender Equality Essay
Need ideas for an argumentative essay on gender inequality? We have a bunch!
… but let’s start with a brief introduction.
What is gender equality?
Gender equality is a big part of basic human rights. This means that men and women have the same opportunities in all areas of life to develop their potential.
Today we still face issues of inequality where there is a persistent gap in access to opportunities for men and women.
Women have fewer opportunities for decision-making and higher education. You are constantly encountering obstacles in the workplace and facing greater safety risks. Preserving gender equality is critical to achieving a variety of global development goals.
Gender inequality is an exciting subject to study, so students, universities, and colleges are often tasked with writing essays on gender-related topics.
In this article, we will discuss the basic characteristics of a gender equality essay. We’ve also made a list of the best article topic ideas.
What are the details of the essay on gender equality?
Gender equality and inequality are important historical and current social issues that affect the way of life of students and their families. They are popular subjects for college theses in psychology, sociology, and gender studies.
When writing a gender equality essay, you need to argue for a strong point of view and back up your argument with relevant evidence from multiple sources.
But first, you have to choose a good topic that is neither too broad nor too narrow for research.
Research is critical to the success of your essay as you need to develop strong reasoning based on an in-depth study of various scientific sources.
Gender equality is a complex issue. You need to think about different aspects and controversial perspectives on specific topics, demonstrate your critical thinking ability, develop a strong thesis statement, and build logical reasoning that can make a big impression on your audience.
If you’re looking for interesting topics related to gender equality, here is a great list of 100 topic ideas for writing essays and research on gender issues in society today.
If some topics are too extensive for you, feel free to narrow them down.
Strong gender equality issues topics
Here are the top 25 topics for your essay with argumentative topics on gender issues.
Whether you are looking for original creative gender equality ideas in a sporting article or you need gender equality inspiration in an educational article, you’ve come to the right place.
Use imagination and creativity to illustrate your approach.
- Analysis of gender-based violence in different countries
- Comparison of the gender pay gap in different countries
- Explain the purpose of gender mainstreaming
- Reflections on the gender differences in the human brain
- How can we teach boys and girls that they have equal rights?
- Discuss gender-neutral management practices
- Promotion of equal opportunities for men and women in sport
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- Discussion on empowering women
- Why is sexual blindness a problem for women?
- Why are girls more prone to sexual violence and exploitation?
- Women as victims of human trafficking
- Analysis of the glass ceiling in the management
- The influence of ideology on the determination of gender relations
- Barriers to girls’ access to quality education in African countries
- Why are there so few women in the STEM field?
- The main challenges for women in the workplace
- How do women fight for equality in sport?
- Women’s, sports and media organizations
- Contribution of women to the development of the world economy
- The role of gender diversity in innovation and scientific discovery
- What can be done to make cities safer for women and girls?
- International trends in women’s empowerment
- The role of schools in teaching children behaviors that are appropriate to their gender
- Feminism in social relationships unites women and men as two groups
Essay Topics on Gender Roles
We can measure equality between men and women by looking at how both sexes are represented in different roles. In order to develop essay topics on gender roles, you don’t have to do long and tedious research, as we have already done for you.
Take a look at this shortlist of top-notch topic ideas.
- Is parental leave equally important for children?
- Imagine and describe a society dominated by women
- Gender roles in modern western societies
- Compare the theories of gender development
- Assumption of stereotypical gender role behavior
- What steps should be taken to achieve gender parity in parenting?
- What is gender identity?
- Emotional differences between men and women
- Modern feminist problems are faced
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Benefits of investing in girls’ education
- Parents’ attitudes and stereotypes in family relationships
- Games and games for girls and boys
- The roles of men and women in politics
- Comparing career opportunities for both sexes in the military
- Women in the US Army
- Academic careers and gender equality
- Should men play a bigger role in childcare?
- Impact of the aging population on the economic well-being of women
- Historical determinants of contemporary differences in gender roles
- Gender problems in games
- Cultural stereotypes and the role of gender in advertising
- What are feminine qualities?
- Theory of the role of sex in sociology
- Causes of differences and similarities in behavior between the sexes
Research topics on gender inequality
Examples of inequality can be found in the daily lives of different women in many countries around the world. The topics of our research on gender inequality are devoted to various topics that highlight discrimination against women around the world.
Pick any topic, research, brainstorm, and outline your essay on gender inequality before you start working on your first draft.
Start with a discussion-worthy thesis, and then write an engaging introduction, compelling body, and strong conclusion for the essay on gender inequality.
- Aspects of gender discrimination
- The main indicators of gender inequality
- Reasons for gender discrimination
- A lesser role for women in relationships
- Gender differences in education
- Can education solve the problems of gender inequality?
- Effects of Discrimination on Early Childhood Development
- Why are the professional opportunities for women in sport restricted?
- Gender discrimination in sport
- The lack of women in leadership positions
- Gender inequality in the reconciliation of work and family
- The main factors influencing inequality in the workplace
- What can governments do to close the gender gap in the workplace?
- Gender discrimination in human resource processes and practices
- Gender inequality in work organizations
- Factors causing inequality between men and women in developing countries
- Conflict between work and home as a symptom of inequality between men and women
- Why are mothers less wealthy than childless women?
- Forms of gender discrimination in society today
- Gender discrimination in the classroom
- Justification of Inequality in American History
- The origins of sex discrimination
- Motherhood and segregation in the labor market
- Sex discrimination in marriage
- Can technology reduce gender discrimination?
The most controversial issue of gender
Do you need a well-articulated topic for an essay on gender stereotypes? Below are some of the most common contentious issues related to various gender issues that people face today.
They are discussed in scientific studies, newspaper articles, and social media posts. If you decide to go with any of these, you need to do a lot of research to prepare for great writing.
- How do gender-specific misunderstandings affect behavior?
- The most common and outdated stereotypes about the role of gender
- How does gay marriage affect straight marriage?
- Explain the role of gender in stereotyping gender roles
- The role of the media in breaking gender stereotypes
- Discuss the dual approach to equality between men and women
- Are women better than men or are they equal?
- Gender stereotypes in the workplace
- Ethnic differences in attitudes towards sex
- The problems of modern feminist faces
- The role of feminism in creating an alternative culture for women
- Feminist and transgender theory
- Gender stereotypes in science and education
- Are sexual roles important to society?
- The future of gender norms
- How do we create a better world for women?
- Are men the weaker sex?
- Beauty queens and women empowerment
- Can women communicate better?
- What are the origins of sexual orientation?
- Should prostitution be legal?
- The pros and cons of being a feminist
- Advantages and disadvantages of women
- Can films question gender stereotypes?
- Sexuality and Politics
Argumentative Essay Topics About Gender Equality in Art and Literature
- Theory of gender in literature: do male and female authors see the world differently? Pick one book and analyze it in the context of gender.
- Compare and contrast how gender inequality is described in L. Tolstoy’s novel “Anna Karenina” and G. Flaubert’s novel “Madame Bovary.” Read and analyze the mentioned books, distinguish how gender inequality is described, and how the main characters manage this inequality.
- The artificial gender equality and class inequality in the novel “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley.
- Do modern romance novels for teenagers help to break gender stereotypes, or do they enforce them?
- Gender equality changes through Disney animation films. Analyze the scenarios of Disney animation films from the very beginning. Describe how the overall mood in relation to female characters and their roles has changed.
- Henrik Ibsen touched on the topic of gender inequality in his play “A Doll’s House.” Why was it shocking for a 19th-century audience?
- Concepts of gender inequality through examples of fairy tales. Analyze several fairy tales that contain female characters. What image do they have? Do these fairy tales misrepresent the nature of women? How do fairy tales spoil the world view of young girls?
- Why do female heroes rarely appear in superhero movies?
- Heroines of the movie “Hidden Figures” face both gender and racial inequalities. In your opinion, has American society solved these issues entirely?
- The problem of gender inequality in the novel “The Color Purple” by Alice Walker.
Feel free to use these powerful topic ideas to write a good essay on gender equality at the university level or as a starting point for your studies.